Dear Community Residents and Friends,
The BHYC has seen some significant progress over the last 10 years due in part by the commitment of our members, both past and present. As a group, we’ve organized volunteers who have given their time and energy to “our club” which has thrived in recent years. We have focused our attention on preserving an important landmark in our community. We have built a home.
Our Belle Harbor home (est. 1905) has been host to countless meetings, events, family gatherings, fund-raisers, debates, social parties, lectures, family activities and sporting events. We have no other place in our community that has done so much so we may laugh, dance and enjoy the company of our family and friends.
Please join us as we start a new “yacht club” chapter. Help us grow so our family and friends will be able to enjoy the Belle Harbor Yacht Club for years to come. We are now accepting membership applications.
Goals for the BHYC Club & Property
Over the past 14 years and continuing ...
- To be a vital organization in the community.
- Continue to provide a variety of entertainment options for your family.
- Continue to maintain the exterior property of the club especially landscaping.
- Continue to maintain the tennis courts, playground and basketball court.
- Always be available to the community in their time of need.
- Research and exhibit historical club and community facts.
- To develop and design a plan for the upper floors of the building.
- Provide Entertainment in the “Members Only” Lounge on the 2nd Floor including small bar, pool table, bumper pool, piano, chess, checkers and backgammon boards, shuffleboard, darts, cards, 6 HDTV’s, fooseball, live entertainment, sunset deck, small kitchen and casual seating.
- Create and multi-purpose room on the 3rd floor to offer excercise classes and a theater for the children.
- Long Term plan: The possibility of constructing 12 “Bed & Breakfast Style” rooms with bathrooms on the 3rd floor and attic for visiting member families and friends.
- Seek new volunteers to host activities, to entertain and enlist new members.
Benefits of Membership: When your family supports our community landmark, you will receive; 10% DISCOUNT on your BHYC private party bill, event hosting opportunities, 25% discount on your beverage cost/account, tennis court seasonal access at minimal cost ($75/yr) - no hourly charge, “members only” summer parking permit, free pre-approved daily parking, expanded social event calendar, use of playground & basketball courts for kids, 25-50% discount on special event tickets and kid camps, 10% off on Ludwigs at the YC take-out catering cost, bond investment opportunities and reciprocal benefits to other U.S.A. yacht clubs.
The B.H.Y.C. offers several types of membership to prospective members:
Junior Membership: $50. per year
For individuals under the age of 30, who would like to receive the benefits of membership. Use of the clubhouse, parking, tennis area and dining room apply. No voting rights on property issues or elections. This membership is only valid for single persons, under the age of 30.
Associate Membership: $398. per year
For new members, past members and existing members who would like to receive or continue to receive the benefits of membership. Use of all club facilities, clubhouse design planning, voting privileges on elections and property issues apply.
Proprietary Membership (existing members only)
Only for existing Associate Members who have been active members for 5 years or more. These members are owners of club assets including property with full voting privileges on all issues.
All rates include NYS Sales tax.
All membership renewals are due by Feb. 1st